Ava made it through her 6 month check-up. The shots were a little harder on her this time around - read that as a total meltdown during Anna's dance class. I had to call Patrick to come pick her up because there was nothing I could do in a crowded, really hot, waiting room for another 1.5 hours - Anna and McKenna have back to back classes! Ava's stats:Weight: 14 lbs 15.5 oz - 30%
Height: 26 in - 55%
Head: 43 3/4 - 75%
Comps - Anna - 12 lbs 15 oz (3%), 24 in (4%), head 43 cm (75%)
McKenna - 13 lbs 12 oz (10%), 26 1/4 in (70%), 42 cm (40%)
Developmentally she is doing great. She is sitting like a champ, eating lots of baby food and really pushing herself up during tummy time. Anna and McKenna love playing with her and every time she babbles, they swear she says her first word - they can't wait for her to talk!
Anna is having so much fun with soccer. The girls are hilarious to watch - they just run after each other and they all want to do the corner kicks and throw ins. The league doesn't keep score, and you can't have a goalie, but Anna has really taken the 'protect the goal' to heart. Whenever she sees the other team kick the ball, she immediately turns around and runs to the other end of the field. She isn't the most graceful runner (I have to admit that is from the Franz side :), but she enjoys every minute of it.
McKenna started in her new preschool class last week and she loves her school so much, she is asking to stay longer. We originally only had her staying until 2 pm 1 day a week, but we are going to let her stay late on Friday's also. She is excited and I think it will help to prepare her for full days at kindergarten - it was a pretty big transition for Anna. McKenna had no issues with the new class, walked right in and started playing - no tears or anything. She is definitely my little miss independent! We celebrated my friend Brendy's and her boyfriend Joe's birthdays this weekend - their birthdays are just 2 days apart. I won't say it was alcohol induced, but somewhere along the way Brendy challenged me to an arm wrestling match. I think she forgot that I carry 3 children in my arms all the time, so I had an unfair advantage, but Patrick was very proud that I won the match. I am waiting for Brendy to send me the photo of the match and I will post it so I can gloat forever more - Happy Birthday Brendy and Joe!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment